I am a designer who cares about communicative, systematic, and iterative design. Collaboration is a must in the design process. It brings out the best, both in designers and their work.
I'm also a semi-retired competitive gamer who hails to you from the competitive Super Smash Brothers Melee community.
After stepping away from competing, I co-founded The New Meta, a panel about gender issues women face within competitive gaming spaces. As one of the eSports summit advisors at Game Developers Conference, I recently led a panel on growing the participation of women in eSports.
When possible, I try to tell my own story to spread awareness around and to promote empathy.
- Lilian Chen: Sexism in gaming CCTV America
- Former female competitive Smash player talks sexism in esports TheDailyDot
- What’s It Like To Be A Woman In Competitive Gaming? A Female Gamer Explains. TED
- This woman's gaming career took off in the back of her parents' Chinese restaurant PRI's the World
- Advice from a young designer to younger designers Beyond Tellerand
- Competition for All: Building Inclusive E-Sport Communities PAX East 2016
- TEDYouth Talk TED
- The New Meta: Women in eSports NYU Game Center
- Growing the Participation of Women in eSports Game Developer's Conference
- Going Public – On Being Present and Public in your Industry